The AUXLWO Study Observer Training Program prepares US Coast Guard Auxiliary members and others to conduct boating observations as part of an ongoing research study conducted by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. Auxiliarists have been conducting boating observations for this study since 2014.
USCG guidelines for Auxiliary participation in 2020 AUXLWO study:
- Follow CDC guidelines for travel. BSX does not deem observations as “essential.”
- Adhere to state and local guidelines for allowed outdoor activities at parks and boat ramps.
- USCG Auxiliary members will follow their agency guidelines (ALCOAST 100/20), including established district guidance.
- Most observation sites are remote and lend themselves well to social distancing. However, should there be interaction with the public, all observers are to wear face masks and observe preset protocols and procedures.
- Observers should have no unnecessary contact with the boating public.
You should have received your course enrollment key in an email sent by your State Coordinator. If you have difficulty unlocking your course, contact JSI e-Learning.
Good luck! We hope you will enjoy the training program.